Thursday, September 13, 2012

Eighteenth vocab word in the sixteenth chapter

18 进行: be underway; go on (动)

Life and school is underway here in Beijing. I am either busy or should be busy just about all the time. Classes, homework, and constant Chinese drown out most other sounds for the moment. And finishing the Wheel of Time series.

As happens in this sort of situation, many things aren't as I planned them, and a lot of things still need to be done. I need to get a visa to Myanmar and I haven't finished my application to study abroad in the Spring and I should really studying that vocab I missed. Oh yeah, and didn't I say I was going to write my weekday blog posts in Chinese too? Ha!

No worries though. I am getting to the point where I am settled enough to comfortably think about doing other things like buying a bike and traveling and going to KTV on the weekend. And finding better cereal.

Anyway, I just wanted to check in and post a few pictures of the Peking University campus on a beautiful morning. We got to have class outside. Really a very nice day.




The China Studies Institute common area - you'll notice the tiny window/door that yours truly almost has to crawl through 
 The weather was so nice that we had class outside!

With Lang Laoshi, one of my teachers

No comments:

Post a Comment