Monday, September 3, 2012

First weekend in a big city

I'm sick with a bad sore throat and a bit of a headache, so I didn't do much. I went to the old summer palace with some other students, and other than that read, watched some movies, ate, and slept.

Also, I have decided that whenever I write posts on weekdays when I have my immersion pledge, then I will also write the post in Chinese. This way, I can practice my Chinese, write about my time in Beijing, and provide entertainment for Chinese speakers with my poor Chinese.

我生病了。因为有喉咙痛,有点儿头痛,所以没有做很多。我跟有的同学去过圆明园,而且我看书,看电影,吃饭,和睡觉。

因为在工作日我必须只中文说,所以我写博客在工作日的时候,我解决又在英文写又在中文写。然后我会练习我的汉子,告诉你们我的故事,和让中文说的人大笑我的错的汉子。

 The old summer palace - 圆明园
 We rented a rowboat!-  我们租用手划船!

 The living room of my homestay - 我的中国家庭的客厅
 From the window of my homestay - 从中国家庭的窗户
 From my room - 从我的房子的窗户

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo! Sorry you're not feeling well. Has your host family recommended any traditional remedies? I know my grandparents still swear by different teas for different symptoms. Also, how is immersion going? What do you do when you have no idea how to say something?

    (sorry for all the deleted comments - blogger confuses me!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I drank some tea that was supposed to help with just about everything.At the very least, the heat felt good on my throat. :) Immersion is going pretty well, one step at a time. I find gestures and a dictionary on my iPod have worked pretty well, but sometimes I just can't say what I want to say (which is one of my biggest impetuses to expand my vocabulary).

    ReplyDelete